Doug E Rees
What is a House Concert you ask? Well, let me tell you about it!
Do you have friends that like live original music as much as you do? Why not have a live show in the comfort of your living room, patio, or garage, if it will hold 10 (plus) people? That's right, get in touch and I bet we can make it happen!
Over the years I have played many smoke filled bars to a room full of folks that really were only there for the party. When I left the cover-song scene, I realized I needed to look for venues where I could present my work and it would be enjoyed! Basically a House Concert is set up as follows.
* Send invitations (email, Facebook, or snail) to original music lovers in your area, usually 10 to 30 people is a good size.
* Include the artist name and available links, etc.
* Let your guests know the suggested donation amount (usually 10.00-20.00 dollars each.)
* Give a brief description of what to expect at your house concert (usually two 45 minute sets with a break between for a meet and greet with the artist.)
* If you wish, offer a "pot-luck dinner" (guests bring a dish), or have a more simple BYOB with just coffee/water supplied by the host.
* Suggest that you ask for RSVP and announce the artist, venue address, and start time to those who you know are interested in coming.
* Show Time! Usually the host will introduce the artist and ask for cell phones to be in Silent Mode. Please encourage your guests to limit conversations to the break or a designated area during the show.
* Usually the kitchen or any other room away from the Concert is a good place to set-up artist merchandise for break. There, the artist will be available for a meet and greet and hopefully sell some CD's! Your guests can mingle and get refreshments!
* Many times lodging is offered to the artist with a simple breakfast in the morning.
Basically, that's it. I have made many friends along my music trail and hope to meet many more. It might be you! Thanks for visiting and please tell your friends about me if you like what you hear!